John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
The Way was the original name for early Christians. Followers of Christ were referred to as followers of “The Way”. The Way is the simplest form of Christianity. It is Christianity stripped of all of the liturgy that has become a symbol of the Christian faith. We believe the following to be true :
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God born of a virgin into a human body in which he lived a sin-free life. He became the atoning sacrifice for our sins when He was crucified on Calvary and was resurrected on the third day and he lives today.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity of The Father, The Son, & The Holy Spirit.
- We believe that any man, woman, or child who believes in Jesus Christ to be The Son Of God – The Messiah as it is written in John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” – that this is the redeeming qualifications for salvation and ensures the believer an eternal adoption into the family of God as heirs with Christ.
- We believe that by faith we are saved not by works.
- We believe the scripture defines our behavioral role as Christians in Mathew 22: 37-39 “Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
- We believe The Bible to be the inerrable & infallible Word of God.
- We believe the scripture defines our role as disciples & ministers in Luke 4:18-19 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
Early church followers of “The Way” would meet in homes. There they would share their Christian faith among brothers and sisters, learning and growing in Christ and caring for each other’s needs. This was the original church, it was not for several hundred years that followers had actual buildings and cathedrals as we do today. Following The Way was about a personal relationship with Christ, exercising all the gifts of the Spirit, and fellowship was shared joyfully with other believers at home meetings for prayer & worship. The Church was about Christ – not about the Church. The emphasis was truly on each one of us being the living, breathing, temple of the Holy Spirit.
What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 1 Corinthians 6:19
In America today there are over 20,000 different denominations. Each one with its own particular “articles of faith”. Staying true to the original Church we do not adhere to any particular denomination. As it is written in Luke 9: 49-50 “And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbid him, because he followeth not us. And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.” Believers may be on different branches – but for all of us who proclaim Jesus Christ to be The Son of God, crucified and resurrected for our sins – we are all from the same tree. We are all following “The Way” and as such we are all brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, regardless if we also classify ourselves as Baptists, Methodists, Anabaptists, Lutheran, Catholic, Calvanists, ect.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
We believe that the Word of God is powerful and when shared it has the ability to transform lives. Each scripture is much like a seed planted in the hearts of man, each verse an answer to the questions that have plagued mankind since the beginning. The Word of God is God’s eternal voice to mankind. It is the story of our creation, and our redemption. It displays the details of living a quality life filled with wisdom and understanding. We believe The Word of God to be the answer. Sharing The Word of God gives those that we share with true wisdom, true guidance, true understanding, it gives them truth and it most importantly plants a seed inside them.
Isaiah 55:9-11 “9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. 10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
Join us in sharing The Word of God to the world that so desperately needs it today. Through the Bible we find such comfort and such direction. The truth that is contained within those pages is transformative as well as comforting.
If you do not have a personal walk with the Lord and would like to learn more about accepting Jesus Christ as your personal savior, visit The Sinners Prayer.
You may contact us via Online Contact Form.
We love to hear your words of encouragement and to see what Jesus is doing in your lives! Prayer requests, questions, or concerns about your personal walk with Jesus are all important to us. Hope to hear from you soon – may God deeply bless you and yours!